Dirty items and non-recyclable items are subject to be turned away at the center and not collected in town.
- All recyclables should be cleaned. All containers should be crushed to help reduce the amount of space.
- Aluminum soda cans (please separate from all other materials)
- Newspapers (please separate from all other materials, paper bags or tied in bundles preferred)
- Cardboard (please consolidate and remove any food debris, bags and metal clips, separate from all other materials)
- The following items can be placed in one container (bag, or box) and does not need separated. Steel cans, other aluminum (cat food, foil), all plastics as identified with a number (typically on the bottom of the container), other paper (junk mail, office, ads, envelopes, other).
- Items that are no longer accepted as of March 2020, are any type of glass and books
- Items that continue to not be accepted
- Electronics, batteries, light bulbs, Styrofoam, other metal